I'm tired of trying to find the perfect 'bar' recipe that is actually made with all real ingredients from my home. I think the search is over. This is AMAZING! I took it from this month's issue of Self Magazine. The only changes I made was I used almond butter instead of peanut butter and chia seeds instead of flax seeds. Super sweet and filling. PERFECT!!
Living Fit Chicago hosted their first kids fitness camp over the holiday break and it was a huge success. Many kids asking for more fitness fun so we answered!! Newyouth fitness camp starts the week of Feb. 18th. Each session is 6 weeks long, meeting one day a week from 4-5pm. Details coming soon!
Take a look at this awesome video put together by Simone Alicea! LivingFit Chicago hosted its third annual Thanksgiving Day Charity Boot Camp on Thursday to benefit Care for Real, a food pantry in Edgewater.
1. Black beans. Filled with protein and fiber these are going to fill you up longer.
2. Pears. Low in calories and filled with two antioxidants that have been proven to stop belly fat.
3. Popcorn. Because it’s a whole grain it’s a good thing, just skip the butter and salt. People who eat lots of whole grains have smaller middles.
4. Peanuts. What? Yep! High in calories but they are packed with the healthy fats thus burning quicker then the less-healthy fats.
5. Sunflower Seeds. High in the healthy monounsaturated fat that helps lessen the widening of the waist.
6. Tea. White tea helps our fat cells absorb 70% less fat. They can also trigger the breakdown of fat in existing cells.
7. Apple Cider Vinegar. Start adding that to your salad dressing because it has a compound called acetic acid, which supercharges the body’s ability to burn fat and hinders fat storage at the same time.
8. Safflower Oil. We’ve heard a lot of omgea-3 fats being good but this has omega-6 fatty acid in it that may speed up your metabolism.
9. Work out! Yes, we know it’s not a food but it’s the key to feeling better and getting faster results. Click here to join our workouts...